LAX to Heathrow trip

Lucky enough to have been on a Dreamliner? let us know what you thought of it in here
Fr3d

LAX to Heathrow trip

Post by Fr3d » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:09 pm

I'm a longterm investor in BA and I had wanted to fly a BA 787 since it was launched. There are few flights in the USA, so I had to wait for a trans Atlantic flight to get this experience. Last June 2019 I flew from Los Angeles to Heathrow on British Airways to visit London for a few days. The flight was fantastic in Premium Economy, with great seats and legroom. The increased humidity and pressurization was much appreciated. No red eyes or dried up respiratory system problems. The flight was extremely smooth, and service was exceptional. The windows are huge; I love windows seats.

The flight back to the US was Heathrow to Oakland, CA and was as lovely as the previous flight. I highly recommend the BA 787 as a very comfortable plane for long flights. I wish there were a short range version for shorter flights.
Fr3d

David
Site Admin

Re: LAX to Heathrow trip

Post by David » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:04 pm

They were going to build the 787-3 for the Japanese/Chinese markets, but it got dropped.
However, I suspect that Boeing might bring it back in the place of the 757

Fr3d

Re: LAX to Heathrow trip

Post by Fr3d » Sat May 02, 2020 12:57 am

I will assume that further versions of the 787 will be on hold for a couple of years until this pandemic caused world wide economic downturn improves substantially.
Fred